The Gipsy Bashavel
Join us for the 1st edition of festival of Roma culture and art and celebrate with us the 5th anniversary of Divé maky! The genuine Romany entertainment starts on Saturday, 14 August 2010 at the Červený kameň castle. Tickets can be purchased online at www.ticketportal.sk or during the event.
At 2 PM special features such as a gipsy-style pub, a theatre, traditional Romany handicrafts, a performance of the dance ensemble MERCI (The Czech Republic), a tea room, dance and visual arts workshops, and many others will take place. You can also visit a special presentation tent of Divé maky with lanterns of happiness and hopes and learn more about children enrolled in the program through the Divé maky Meadow.
After 7 PM we will get a shot of endorphins in the performance of the Divé maky children led by IDA KELAROVA; then a band fusing jazz and traditional Romany music IMER TRAJA BRIZANI (Slovenia), some Romano hip-hop by GIPSY.CZ (The Czech Republic), world music by TERNE ČHAVE (The Czech Republic), authentic Beas music by FLÁRE BEÁS (Hungary), GIPSY STREET FUSION (dance groups SPIN vs. CREDANCE vs. PARTIA vs. DIVÉ MAKY) and more performers who just live for music.
The event is organized by civic associations PRO DONUM and Divé maky.
The First Romany Bashavel
The Romany Bashavel at the Červený Kameň Castle attracted over 1,000 visitors. The event included a puppet theatre performance, cooking of Romany meals, and a demonstration of traditional Romany handicrafts.
Performances started off with the Slovak diva of Romany music Monika Rigová. At 7 PM the Divé maky children rocked the stage with songs inspired by the The Queen of the Gypsies musical – in the finale they were joined by the professional singer Katarína Hasprová. Further Bashavel performers included The Gypsy Devils band, dancers Robert and Gerhard Sendrei, Jaro Bekr and the SPIN Dancing Group vs. PARTIA. After that the band Gipsy.cz really cranked it up and delivered the Romany style entertainment. The program was presented by Petra Polnišová.
The event included an auction of paintings drawn by talented Divé maky children. The biggest hit was the painting called Disinfected Heaven by Miloš Cina. The new owner paid EUR 300.
Our priority is to link the commercial and the non-profit sector and assist in developing partnership across sectors.
We assist companies in creating their own corporate philanthropy strategies;
We create modern forms of donorship that reflect the needs of civil society and at the same time support communication strategy of the company;
In 2005 we launched the successful individual donorship program: Divé maky.
- Improve efficiency of donorship policies for corporate and private donors;
- Improve mutual communication among corporate donors and non-governmental organizations;
- Build creative and innovative approaches in defining philanthropic strategies;
- Develop corporate philanthropy that is becoming a part of the overall communication strategy of companies and corporations;
- Define philanthropic strategies so they have a profile, are long-term and their message does not fade away.
Companies and Multinational Corporations
- The VÚB Bank – Creating a philanthropic plan and suggesting projects to support in 2004.
- EUROTEL a.s. - Creating a philanthropic plan and suggesting projects to support in 2004 to 2006.
- Prvá penzijná a.s. Pension Fund – Evaluating efficiency of donorship activities that this company finances on the long-term and regular basis.
- WINSTN&PARTNERS - Supervision and counselling in the area of education and PR activities.
- The VÚB Bank – Preparing the project and providing auxiliary services to the Campaign on Euro for Romany Women (“Na Daran Tumen Eurostar!”), year 2008.
The Third Sector
- The project “Romany People for the Society” (ACEC) focused on changing the attitude of the Romany to resolving their own situation. A training program for Romany awareness personnel on development of community life;
- The project “Living Water” (ORIN PANACEA) – Providing know-how in designing and implementing a project and ensuring its coordination.
- “The Crisis Centre” (Brána do života Civil Association) – Providing technical assistance over 2003-2004 on financial strategy and fundraising, organization management and public relations.
- The Human Rights Olympics (OLYMP Civil Association) – A partner and co-organizer of regional rounds and the national finale of The Human Rights Olympics.
- We have thorough knowledge of the Slovak non-profit sector in all areas;
- We know needs of the commercial sector in the area of corporate donorship;
- We maintain a database of NGOs and projects implemented by them;
- We apply individual approach to clients and we respect their uniqueness;
- We prefer progressive forms of donorship in keeping with the marketing and communication strategy of the donor.